I found this tag over on Danielle’s blog – I wasn’t tagged but as usual, I’m doing it anyway! These questions are really interesting, so if you haven’t done it yet, go ahead and do the tag yourself so we can get to know you better as a blogger! The tag was created by A Little Slice of Jamie.
1. Where do you typically write your blog posts?
I’m usually on the couch in front of the tv (with Buffy in the background!) with my laptop on my lap. I also blog in Waterstones on the weekend or after work, and occasionally in the Pret A Manger by my office during my lunch break!
2. How long does it generally take you to write a book review?
Depends! Books that I either loved or hated are the easiest to review. The words just start flowing. Three star ratings are the most difficult to review. If I don’t have any strong feelings towards a book (either positive or negative), I just don’t know what to write in my review.
3. When did you start your book blog?
I started Pagefuls at the end of December 2017. I had some previous blogs before this. My bookblr has been around for a few years now.
4. What is the worst thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
Finding the time to write original posts, while also reading and reviewing books and being active in the book community. It’s almost a full-time job!
5. What is the best thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
Getting to share my opinions on books, fangirling over my favourite books with other people, getting to know new people all around the world and making new friends!
In the end, the hard work is all worth it!
6. What blog post have you had the most fun writing so far?
I think my favourite post so far is the discussion post I recently posted titled ‘Bookblogging vs the full-time job‘. It’s something I’ve been thinking about for a while, and wanted to get it down on paper. The thing I liked about it the most is the comments – I had no idea that other people were having the same struggles, and it was interesting to hear other people’s perspectives.
7. What is your favourite type of blog post to write?
I enjoy writing discussion posts for the reasons stated above. Hearing other people’s opinions is the whole reason I started this blog.
8. When do you typically write?
I usually write in the evening after work, or sometimes during my lunch break if I have time.
9. Do you review every book you read?
I have reviewed everything I have read so far in 2018. I try to review everything I read, unless I have absolutely nothing to say, or if it’s a reread of an old favourite.
10. How do you write your book reviews? With a cup of coffee or tea? With Netflix? Cuddled with your fur baby?
I’m usually snacking on something while I blog. This little man likes to sit with me in the evening. He tries to take over the blogging by stepping on my keyboard which is slightly distracting. Perhaps I should give him his own blog.
11. When do you write your book reviews? Right after finishing the book? Two weeks after finishing the book?
I like to write my reviews as soon as possible after finishing the book. Sometimes I’ll take notes while I’m reading and have the review pretty much finished by the end.
I’ll usually keep the review as a draft for a few days before posting, in case something else comes to mind.
12. How often do you post?
I try to post three times a week, but usually it’s more like twice. Oops!